Monday, September 26, 2005

The most embarrassing moment...

Everyone has a secret fear of being caught unprepared. In my case, a series of unfortunate events (pun intended) culminated in a truly ridiculous moment... and one that is too funny not to share.

From the beginning...

Friday was Purple Day at school for Sabrina... which means she gets to wear something purple and bring in something interesting for discussion. On that morning, I woke up a little late, and took a quick shower. Just as I was wrapping myself in a towel, Sabrina wanders in and asks about the purple Chinese lantern I brought back from Singapore. No problem... we track down the lantern, but the trim is falling off. No problem, again... I take it downstairs to glue it back on, leaving the towel behind - I figure I'll only be down there for a few seconds.

As I'm heading downstairs, I realize that the painter is supposed to come to the house to finish the trim, so I take a quick, modest peek outside - good - no painter. I get the glue out, refasten the trim, dab a bit of glue on to the lantern.... DING-DONG!

In horror, I realize that I am twenty feet from the door (with glass side windows) and am stark naked. I panic and race into the laundry room, out of sight, and realize that there is nothing in there but a large folded pink fuzzy blanket with teddy bears on it. Gathering the remnants of my dignity, I wrap myself in the blanket, and head for the door with every appearance of nonchalance. I let the painter in, and suggest that he go ahead and get started - I'll just head upstairs to help the girls (AND ME) get dressed.

I can't help but laugh at it - I was utterly mortified and yet couldn't help but see the humor in the situation! I'm never leaving the bathroom without my robe again... I swear...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! C'mon, that isn't the first time you've worn a fuzzy pink blanket, is it? These things happen...
Thanks for the laugh,
Judy
Aaron, David, and Sam

12:59 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Thanks for the comment! It's a really vivid fuzzy pink blanket... nope, haven't worn this before... and I hope never to do it again!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Canton Mommy said...

Well, I suppose a fuzzy blanket is better than, um, nothing.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home